Pass Plus, What Is It?
Pass Plus is a course of driving lessons specially designed by the DSA, with the help of insurers and driving instructors. It’s aim is to give new drivers the experience they need on a wide variety of situations that they may not have been in before. It consists of 6 modules that will build on your knowledge and give you the confidence you need to banish that nervous feeling.
The price for 6 hours of Pass Plus is £140, or if you passed your driving test with us you can get the lower discounted price of £120.
During the Pass Plus lessons you will cover:
- Town Driving – Whether you need to face rush hour, or overcome complex junctions, this module looks at difficulties with urban driving.
- All Weather Driving – It won’t always be dry and clear. Here you cover rain, fog, bright sunshine (not always a good thing!), snow and ice.
- Country Road Driving – For those twisting B-roads that always seem to catch people out. You will learn about the unique hazards these roads can present, and how to safely deal with them.
- Night Driving – All of your driving lessons may have been in daylight, so in this lesson you will look at how to judge distance and speed at night, as well as improving observation skills.
- Dual Carriageways – You will have probably covered these in your driving lessons, but often only for a short period.
- Motorways – The only road you won’t have been on as a learner driver. This section looks at the difference Motorways make to our journey, and the best way to deal with them. The skills involved are very similar to driving on Dual Carriageways.
After completing the Pass Plus driving course, not only will you have a better understanding of all aspects of driving, but will also give you money off with a range of insurers. More information can be found here, but when you start getting quotes, first ask the company if they give discount for Pass Plus.