About RPL Driving
Hi, my name is Rob Laird, and in 2006, after qualifying as a Driving Instructor, I set up the RPL Driving School. Initially I took on a franchise with the AA Driving School, then when I realised I could offer a better service on my own I went out on my own. Since then I’ve never looked back and have helped hundreds of people to get their full driving licence.
If you want to join these people, please click here to get in touch.
Below is a brief look at my experience and qualifications, along with the car I am currently using for driving lessons.
In addition to the exams I had to pass to become a Driving Instructor, I have also passed my IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) advanced driving test, and now I volunteer my time as an observer for the local IAM group. I am also qualified to deliver the BTEC in Driving Science.
In the past I have also spent time teaching map reading and survival skills to Scouts, Guides and people taking their Duke Of Edinburgh Award.
About The Driving School Car – Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Yaris 1.4 D-4-D (Diesel) with a manual 6-speed gearbox.
- Air Conditioning to ensure your driving lesson is as comfortable as possible.
- Heated rear windscreen.
- 5 star Euro NCAP rating (highest score possible) for passenger safety with driver and passenger airbags.
- Power Assisted Steering (PAS) which makes it easy for you to do those tight turns and reversing exercises.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) for extra safety if you need to brake in an emergency.
- Fully adjustable seat and steering wheel, so you get the most comfortable driving position.
- Due to its size, they have proven to be very manoeuvrable and provide good all-round visibility. This means the reversing exercises will be a lot easier for you.
- Dual controls so the Driving Instructor can keep you safe while learning to drive.
- The driving school car is 100% smoke free.